head

26.3.13

From the country of windmills, tulips,Heineken- The Netherlands

Well, I could keep on writing this title mentioning Anne Frank house, Van Gogh Museum, channels, decadence etc,etc - this small country has so many attributes that I'm aware of. But, there is an extraordinary soapmaker living there,who I happened to get to know first among my soap friends from the whole world. As I have said so many times,  I'm so happy to have made friendships with other soapmakers, no matter how far they are. Ksenija is certainly one of these lovely people.



Ksenija runs her SenMi blog and also has an Etsy Shop, so you might want to check out her creations. She is multi-talented person, she not only makes beautiful  soaps, she also sings in Opera and has many different interests and talents. She is also one of a few people who had given me a hand in my very beginners days and never left my question unanswered . She didn't mind sharing with me her experiences, knowledge, contacts...whatever I was asking for. 

When she asked me if I wanted two-three of her soaps,or plenty of samples, I chose samples. I simply couldn't decide which ones I prefer, certainly not two, or three. I wanted to touch and smell each of them, because I knew Ksenija orders her fragrance oils from US. I was very curious about those, and I think I made a good choice. Don't you ask me which ONE I prefer.
Here it is Ksenija's selection:





And here you can see each of them individually:



So many wonderful soaps. I was overthrilled when unpacked the envelope. I never expected to see so many soaps. And that's  not all!
Ksenija put in a surprise for me (like I was not already surprised by the number of the soaps)- A LIP BALM! Smells like fruit (strawberry, I think) and it's gorgeous. Both, me and my kid use it with pleasure!
Here it is, placed among the soaps I still have left




So far, I have used up 'Mom's soap' (that's how I named it, as Ksenija had made this soap for her mom)- lovely richness of butters and oils, then French clay soap - mostly for my face and I loved it, Carnival and Green dew- I was so curious about this soap, it's her favourite soap.
I hesitate to keep using them, because they smell soooooo good and I told her I would never use 'Milky way' and 'Crispy Clean'- they are my top ones, but just after them there are Big blue, Energy,...oh yes, Foxy lady......oh Gosh, how to choose which next I'm gonna say good bye!

Thank you, Ksenija for all you have done for me!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, girl, you are too lucky!!!So many soaps and all for you, this is not fair :)
    Love Ksenija's work, she is very talented and her soaps are so original. Wish I could grab one :)
    Enjoy them , Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very lucky...wish I could smell all of them, they look so good! Ksenija does beautiful work and she has a lovely Etsy shop too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine your happiness when you open that envelope! Ksenija’s soaps smell and look beautiful and provide really special bath experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,I feel lucky to have received such a selection!
    Thank you for stoppin by, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to receive an array of soap samples from Ksenija as well, I was completely blown away by them too! Each and every one is fantastic, I couldn't pick a favorite either; although 'Sweet Love' is definitely a stand-out for me! :) Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Maja! Thank you so much for this lovely showcase of my soaps! And thank you all for your kind comments, there's nothing more fulfilling than appreciation and support from fellow soapers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment